Sunday, October 25, 2009

Victoria Part 1

These are from the quick trip down to Victoria that we did a couple weeks ago. It's a beautiful city, especially around the harbour area. The kids had lots of fun running around, looking at all the boats and water planes. The downtown area reminded us of Ottawa, the historic buildings, the Empress hotel right beside the legislature building (Ottawa had the Chateau Laurier by Parliment) It was a quick trip, our last family vacation before this baby shows up, so here are some of the highlights. Come visit and we'll go again!

the boys sharing a chocolate shake from the Roger's Chocolate Shoppe

Mile 0 of the TransCanada Highway. I have now travelled all of it except for 2 spots: between Calgary and Medicine Hat and NewFoundland.

Tavie and her "Ruby Slipper" at the Chocolate Shoppe

Beacon Hill Park, there were lots of Peacocks here and a kids petting zoo

They have these eagle statues painted upo nice all over the island

Legislature Building

The nice, overpriced, hotel facing the harbour.
The Free Willey monument

Momma and her kids

2 comments:

  1. I love the big pic of Brecken- the ode to "Home Alone"... except Big B is so much cuter! Victoria looks really fun. I'm glad island living is good to you guys. Tavie is adorable. Oh who will #3 look like? The pic of momma and the wee ones is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Loni looks great!!! And now I think I need a chocolate shake. Love tavie's nails! You guys look like your having fun! Hopefully we will get out there sometime.

    ReplyDelete