Saturday, November 19, 2011
Scurry and Diggs
Besides the nickname that 90% of people know me as, growing up I also had the nickname of Ace Ventura. Yes, as in Pet detective. I have literally had just about every pet a person can have. 2 dogs, cat, tropical fish, piranhas, iguana, red albino corn snake, long tailed grass lizard, fiddler crabs, hermit crabs, newts, firebelly toads, albino clawed frog, budgies, cockatiel, mice and lots and lots of hampsters. When I wanted a new creature my parents never told me no, and so my little zoo grew. After graduating from high school I got a job at Petland. Which is like a sugar addict working at a candy store. It was my dream job! When Brad and I got married I moved in with 3 fish tanks. Brad won the battle and I had to give up my cat :( Anyways, because we have moved around SO much in the 10 years we have been married my little zoo had become non-existant. When we moved to the Island I figued it was a good time for my kids to get their first pet. So last year we got 2 firebelly toads. It was so fun to have a pet in the house again! After having them for about a year and a half we decided that we wanted a pet that was a little more interactive. So after finding a great home for the frogs we went out to get a new pet.
We welcomed 2 Campbell dwarf hampsters into the Price house hold today. Tavie picked a brown one and named it Scurry. Brecken picked a white one and named it Diggs. The kids were so excited to get them settled in their new home. I was excited cause having a hampster in the house reminds me of my childhood. Maybe one day I will re-establish my little zoo...........right Brad???? :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We are so opposite when it comes to animals! But you definitely win for Funnest Mom! I'm sure your kids are in heaven!!!
ReplyDelete