Thursday, April 3, 2014

Spring Break



 For Spring Break the kids had 2 weeks off school.  Brad also had the first week off so we were able to do some fun things together as a family.  One of the first things we did was head to Nanaimo to do a little shopping.  After the mall we went to Buttertub Marsh for a little walk.  The kids saw and heard lots of cool birds and want to head back in the summer to see the turtle that live there.
                         A few days later we took a walk down to Seal Bay, a family favourite.
 
 To help ring in the first day of spring the kids painted flower pots then picked out their own flowers and planted them.

 When ever we have some spare time with nothing to do we like to head to the Spit and explore.  On this day the tide was WAY out so they had a blast exploring the tide pools.  They founds tons of crabs, snails, fish, sea stars and even a sea cucumber!


 Tavie also had the Upper Island Music Festival.  She danced beautifully and came in 3rd.
 Everyone had their eyes checked.  The boys have Brad's "eagle vision"  Unfortunately I fear Tavie has my eyes and will eventually end up in glasses.
Enjoying Strawberries for the first time.
 With such beautiful blue skies we had to get out and head to the park.  I was pushing Adler on the swing when I heard Brecken calling my name.  It took me a while to find him......
A few of the days during spring break were gloomy and rainy.  So we made drift wood wind chimes!! 

 It was great to spend time together and do some fun things but boy was I happy to have them back in school!  After Spring break the rest of the year tends to zoom by.  Easter and Adler's first birthday are right around the corner. (CRAZY!)

1 comment:

  1. I just love your pictures! I can't wait to see you guys this Summer! Tell Brad to text him the dates. Maybe we can coordinate a Cabin trip to Echo with you guys, if you have a day or two to spare of course. :) Your kids would LOVE it. Boating, swimming, and shopping! Its so fun.

    ReplyDelete