Sunday, January 31, 2010

Different shades of grey.


Since the end of October, there have only been a handful of days (mostly a few hours on those days) where we have been able to see the sun. Good thing though, as my skin tends to sparkle when it comes in direct contact with the sunrays...all you twi-hards will know what I mean. So our days are mostly filled with grey skies and rain. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I mean, we live in Canada and the coldest we've had it this winter is -1 or -2 and then warms up in the afternoon. I still wear shorts to bike to work in the morning. Also, I have not even touched a shovel all winter. All this is a good thing...I love island life. Anyway, I don't really know where I was going with all this weather talk. This winter has taught us that when the sun does decide to show, we need to get out and enjoy it. So here are a few pics of the mountains and ocean from the harbour during those moments of sun...and by sun I mean a small break in the clouds


Sanctuary on the Estuary

Comox Glacier on the left

4 comments:

  1. HA! Love the Twilight remark. :) I don't know what it's like to not see the sun for weeks on end, but here at the north pole, I don't mind the snow itself...it's the -40 weather I hate!

    How are you liking dental hygiene?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, that's it, we are coming to visit. It's gorgous there!!!! Although I'm slightly afraid your family may eat our family... I didn't know ya'll were vampires? Lucky Loni. Although I'm more of a werewolf fan myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. was the "sanctuary on the estuary" comment for me? my friends just got back from Victoria and are wondering why we all live here, too. Island living is where it's at! Nice pictures, Brad. Thanks for giving me somewhere to dream about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Did Loni convince you to take her to see New Moon, or was it the other way around... twi-hard?! We miss the sun around here too! Nothing but grey skies. Last weekend was nice here, so we decided to go to the zoo. As I'm locking up our house Eden says...in total wonderment I might add "Look guys...the sky!" For the first time in who knows how long, some of the sky was blue. How pathetic, hey! Anyway- we love the pictures. It is beautiful there...we should know- we came to visit.(I'm trying to guilt people into coming to visit you...you're welcome! I know that you'd do the same for me!)

    ReplyDelete