Friday, September 16, 2011

In case of an emergency....

I think emergency preparedness has been on the minds of alot of people around here since the big QUAKE of '11. What would have happened if it was a lot stronger then it was?? What if one of my kids got injured?? Last spring we got our 72 hour kits in order. Food, water, etc. But one thing we really needed to update was our first aid kit. Our current first aid kit is over 12 years old. I checked the antiseptic wipes expired in 2002. It has been picked over and missing lots of things. But we just never got around to doing it.
Then, the day of the fateful quake we headed to Costco. The kids were excited to see a fire truck parked out front with a little booth of information. Part of that booth was a draw for a first aid kit. So Tavie and Brecken entered their names. A few hours later we got the phone call...Brecken had won!!! It couldn't have come at a better time!


So, the old first aid kit has been retired and the new one is GREAT! It has all sorts of things we didn't have before, including a CPR mask. Being the germ-a-fobe that I am I have always wanted to have one of those in the car just in case. Most importantly we are better prepaired in case of an emergency.


No comments:

Post a Comment