Sunday, October 9, 2011

A Day in the life of an 8 year old

Yesterday my sweet baby girl turned a year older. Is she really 8?? We pretty much let her dictate how the day was going to roll. So what might a 8 year old girl want to do on a Saturday morning??? Watch movies of course. We just recently signed up for netflix so we have instant access to a bunch of movies she has never seen. First up was Ramona and Beezus, after that was Hairspray. After all that laying around she wanted to do something active. So we ALL headed off to the Aquatic center. Anyone that knows me knows that public swimming pools creep me out and I avoid them at all cost. But she wanted to do it as a family so I sucked it up and went...just for her :) I must say it was fun racing the kids down the waterslides. All that moving around sure works up an appetite. So we were off to White Spot (Or White SpotS as she calls it) Every girl needs a Pirate Pack on her Birthday :)

After a delicious supper we headed home and changed into jammies. I think Tavie forgot that you are supposed to get a cake and presents on your birthday. She was TOTALLY surprised when we brought it out. On an unrelated topic, I have been chocolate free for 49 days but almost caved last night with the chocolatey-fudgey-goodness of the DQ icecream cake...yummm....I did manage to hold off and just tried to steal everyone's vanilla icecream.

She has wanted this Barbie for a long time. Can you tell she was excited to finally get it?


Time has flown so fast. I can't believe that she is already 8. We feel so blessed to have her in our family. She is so excited for the next big step in her life which is getting Baptized next Saturday. I am one lucky mamma to have her as my daughter.....Happy Birthday Tavie!!





No comments:

Post a Comment