Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Easter Vacation

Time to catch up on the blog.  Over the Easter break we headed to Alberta.  One last get away before we officially become a family of 6. To say I was not looking forward to a 15 hour drive at 35 weeks pregnant was an understatement.  But it turned out not as bad as I expected.  My back was sore but the main issue was swollen legs/feet.  We made lots of stops along the way and broke the trip up into 2 days instead of one long shot.  That made a huge difference too. 
 
*I soon realized that I didn't pack my camera so all these pictures are taken with my phone so not the best quality but you get the picture.*
 
The day we traveled from the island to the mainland was beautiful!  Blue skies and bright sun!

 We stopped in Kamloops to stretch out legs and have a blizzard.
 2 days after arriving was my niece Payton's wedding.  All the girls dressed up in cute yellow dresses. 
 It was such a beautiful day, great to be able to be there in the Temple for the special occasion.  These are almost all the cousins.  (Minus the bride and the brides sister)  Soon to be one more to add into the mix!  Apparently I didn't get a picture of the bride with my phone or the reception but the bride was beautiful and the reception was amazing with great food!
 The kids were a bit concerned that the Easter bunny would not find them at Grandma/grandpa's house, but he did.  After searching for chocolate eggs they sat down to put together the toys that Easter bunny brought them.
 One of the greatest things about the trip was hanging out with family.  The kids got lots of time to play with cousins.  They miss them so much!  It is the main motivation behind us looking into moving back to Lethbridge.  So they can grow up with family close by.
 First time at Fat Burger.  The food was delish but the kids enjoyed each others company the most.  :)

 After about 10 days in the "Bridge" we headed out for the loong trip home.  The kids traveled SO good!  Hux even took a nap.  :)
 When we arrived home it was SPRING!  Our front tree was in full bloom, the grass is green, the sky was blue and the sun was shinning!  Southern Alberta is still really brown and crusty so it was a VERY welcome sight when we pulled in.  That is one of the things I love about living here.  Spring comes early!  It has been beautiful ever since we got back and gives me some extra needed energy to make it through these last few weeks of pregnancy.
Since we got back from our trip we have been prepping for baby.  Pulling out all the baby clothes/gear and getting them freshened up and ready to go.  After I washed the swing Huxley decided that it was a prefect place for his stuffies.  Now it is just the waiting game for baby #4 to arrive.  I have very mixed feelings about this.  A part of me (big part) want to be done asap, like yesterday.  I feel huge and am tired all the time.  Sleep doesn't happen anymore and I am really uncomfortable all the time.  But the other part of me know that this will be the last time the I will ever be pregnant and feel a baby move inside of me.  So I don't want to rush the end of it.  Either way I am due it exactly 2 weeks so it will come to an end soon.  So I am just trying to enjoy it.  I feel like we are pretty ready except one big thing...we STILL have no name!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, now I'm craving a blizzard. :) Cute post! Glad you were able to survive the trip!

    ReplyDelete