Thursday, March 3, 2011

Don't smile!

Passport photos for family of 5....-$85

Renewal fee for 2 adult passports..............-$174

Watching the kids trying to do a 'serious' face................. PRICELESS!

Yesterday Brad was doing our taxes (yay for tax returns!) so he had our little filing cabinet out. I grabbed our passports to just laugh at the pictures when I noticed that we only had 2 days to renew our passports! You have one year after they expire to renew them. If you don't, then you have to start all over and it costs a lot more. Tavie didn't have school yesterday due to...wind I think?? So we were all home and headed to Walmart to get our pictures taken. The girl started with Huxley. He had a little white on his shirt so they made him drape a black cloth over his clothes, which he did not like at all! He instantly started screaming! I thought there was no way he was going to recover! But she was able to get a few picts of him without tears streaming down his face. Next up, Brecken. When I take pictures of him at home it is SO hard to get him to smile. But all of a sudden when he is not supposed to smile, he can't keep a straight face! Tavie was pretty easy. You can totally tell that she is trying so hard not to smile. But she did great!

After the pictures we headed over to Service Canada. We showed up at 3:50. Not realizing that it closed at 4:00. But we had to get it done! Brad couldn't do it any other time. So we filled out the papers as fast as possible. The kids were running around crazy but we didn't really have time to deal with them. I felt really bad for the employees, but they were all really nice and helpful. We ended up leaving at 4:30. Brad and I were so frazzled from trying to get good pictures and being rushed with the paper work while the kids were running crazy that we stopped at Superstore on the way home for a stiff drink....Brad a coke and me a Gingerale.

We still have to do all the paper work for the kids. But at least ours are on the way. Not a moment to spare. I just wish that we were using the passports to go some where exciting and hot!

3 comments:

  1. Portland is exciting and hot.....relatively speaking! Those pictures are awesome! I love how passport pictures make everyone look so sickly. Brecken's is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, you guys are so lucky there wasn't a huge line at the passport office or you might not have made it! Phewsh. Love the pictures! Our kids are both about 4 months old in their passport pictures. Fattest, baldest little things you ever saw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome story with some great pictures! I wish you could go somewhere, too.

    ReplyDelete