Tuesday, March 15, 2011

We are going to start the day like this???


So there I was at 7am this morning trying to get a last precious few mins of sleep before Brad leaves, when I heard Brecken start to scream. A few moments after that I heard Huxley start to cry. I instantly knew what had happened. Huxley had bit Brecken. When I came down stairs I discovered that he had bit him on the face! HARD! I guess what happened was when Brecken woke up and went down stairs he wanted to give Huxley a hug. And this is how Hux re-paid him. Poor Brecken. Huxley bit Tavie on the arm on saturday. I have never had a biter before! I don't know what to do! I am not 100% sure that Huxley even knows why I get mad at him after he sinks his teeth into someone else's flesh. So now Brecken has a nice red swollen cheek that is starting to bruise. I feel so bad for him. Any one else deal with a biter??

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh, ouch! Poor Brecken! I don't know what to tell you. I've heard a little hot sauce works wonders for biters, but Hux seems WAY too little for that still. Yikes, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no! poor guy. hux is so sweet, never would have thought he was a biter. Ozzie only bites his daddy, so thus far we're doing ok. good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh we've had biters! There is STILL the occasional bite and my youngest is almost 8! I think when they are as young as Huxley, the best thing is to not make too big a deal at all. Otherwise they bite more because of the extra (albeit negative) attention! Just calmly and firmly tell him no and then give all the attention to the bitee. When they're older, then they can get in BIG TROUBLE!! :-) That's a really good war wound for Brecken. He may use that picture to his advantage over Huxley when they grow up.

    ReplyDelete