Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Up hill battle

 After 3 years of living on the island I am not sure why it took us so long to do this.  We love to get outdoors any chance we can get.  Which, at this time of year isn't so easy because of the rain. Yesterday it was dark and gloomy but it wasn't raining so we packed up the kids and took them to Nymph Falls to watch the salmon swim up stream.
 We were not sure that they would still be jumping this late in the season but shortly after arriving there they were!
 I have never seen this in person before!  Not a lot of Salmon swimming up stream on the prairies :)

It was a little tricky to get pictures of them.  I had to sit for a while ready to snap.  Luckily I was able to capture a few.
You can't help but feel sorry for them.  They have already come SO far and still have SO far to go.  We didn't see one actually make it up the falls, but they just kept trying.
 
Great time for a little "life lesson" for the kids.  No matter how hard you think your up hill battle is, keep trying and do your best.......just like the fish :)

1 comment:

  1. That's a great lesson I needed to be reminded of. Thx- and cool pictures

    ReplyDelete