If anyone wants to know what Wit's End looks like...THIS is it! I have been there quite often the past few days. Its amazing how in motherhood, you can go from feeling like you could conquer the world one day to wishing you could curl up in the corner and give up then next!
This is pretty much how Huxley has been acting the past few days. Teething. Need I say more? My "to do" list just seems to be piling up and I just can't keep up with a teething baby. Fortunately, I can always count on the fact that tomorrow's another day. And hopefully a better one.
Victor Hugo: "Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake."
It makes me feel at peace knowing that after I've done the very best I can do, there's someone more powerful that can fill in the gaps.
I guess the secret is to realize that yes, we mothers visit a place called Wit's End quite regularly; but all the time we spend there makes the precious moments that much better. =)
sometimes all you can do is take a picture and blog about it, because if not, you'll be at your Wit's End. Good luck with those teeth, Hux! I hope you all get some relief soon.
ReplyDelete