For the Christmas season we headed to Lethbridge to celebrate with family. (I am still in Lethbridge) One of my fears was that we would end up sick. I don't do well with sickkids,especially vomit. Me and the kids have been here for 2 1/2 weeks. The first week went off without a hitch. After that all hell broke loose. It all started when Tavie went for a sleep over to Jonis house. In the middle of the night the puking started. I felt bad because Joni was the one who had to deal with it all. She ended up with fever and a weird hives looking rash. Brad had to go back to Comox on the 27th for work. That night it was Breckens turn to get sick. Fever, stomach pains and that weird rash again. Then it was my turn. Fever, chills, sore sore throat, headache, ear pain, cough and eventually strep throat. You name it, I have it! Then on New Years Huxley decided that it was his turn. He woke up with a roaring fever. Tylenol would not even touch it. So I had to double up with Advil. That has lasted 2 days. Poor thing. So for a family that does not get sick often at all, this is madness! This last week here was supposed to be spend having fun and playing with cousins. But it has been spent is Jammie's laying on the couch. To get us through this week I have had to buy more medication then I have had to get in the last 2 years! Gravol, Infant Tylenol, Infant Advil, Pediatric Advil, Pediatric Tylenol, Benadryl, Tylenol Cold and Flu, Regular Tylenol and as of last night, Amoxicillin ! Don't get me wrong. This trip has been great! (Pictures to follow) I just wish it didn't end up this way. Me and the kids fly back home tomorrow. It will be really sad to leave family, but I am SO looking forward to us all being in our own beds!
I hope you are still sleeping and that by being in your own beds everything and everyone has magically gotten better. Thanks for the visit :)
ReplyDelete