This week has been crazy busy. And I have felt like I don't even have time to breath! Last Sunday Brad was called to serve as 2nd counselor in the bishopric. So the day went by as kind of a blurr while we adjusted to it. But I know that Brad will do an amazing job. He is great at anything he puts his heart into. He is such a great example and I know that we will be blessed as a family for his efforts.
Monday was a ward FHE activity, Tuesday Brad had a meeting, Wednesday I took the kids to the circus for the first time, Thursday YW, Friday we went rock climbing in Campbell River and Saturday both kids had soccer. Tavie also has had ballet almost everyday this past week as she prepares for her year end show next week. Today was the first time this week that we were able to spend time together as a family and just breath....

I remembered to take the good camera around with me yesterday and today. These are just few of the shots to show how we spend the last 24 hours.

Huxley partaking of the soccer snack.

Brecken enjoying his soccer snack.

He played well, but was mad because he only scored one goal.

Of course Huxley found the only patch of sand on the whole field.

Tavie has grown so much as a player this last year. She has had a great coach that has taught her so much.

This is how we let Huxley get pay back for all the times Tavie and Brecken harass him! Well, that and the kids wanted to cool off. It was such a beautiful day on Saturday so they were both hot and sticky after playing soccer.

Trying to get 3 kids and myself looking presentable on sunday mornings without help is quite the task. I am usually rushing out the door to get to church on time. But by some miracle I had a few moments to spare today and was able to snap a quick pict of them.
I was a little nervous about trying to keep the kids contained by myself today while Brad was on the stand. But it went pretty good. (besides a little golf ball incident) It became a little tricky when Huxley noticed that Brad was up there. He wanted to go sit with him. But my secret weapon was mini marshmellows. When he got too fixated on going to Brad I gave him a marshmellow. It worked well, until I ran out of them. But by that time it was the closing hymn and I just let him go up there and sit with daddy for the last few mins.
Today was also Huxley's first official day in nursery. As far as I know he did great! Ok, I don't know that great would be the word to use, but I dropped him off at the start and didn't hear from him until the end! YEAH! I am VERY thankful for great nursery leaders! It was so nice to be able to actually go to class and not have to chase him around for 3 hours!

This afternoon we decided to head to Air Force Beach to just have a nice walk as a family and get some fresh air.

And I have to say...there is nothing better then the fresh ocean air :)
i could use a walk on the beach right about now! what a week, eh. glad you took some time for family...and documented the great moments.
ReplyDelete