And I must say, Brad started it off with a bang! It all started around 7:45am on Feb 14/01. I was headed out to my car on a freezing morning to head to work and Brad was waiting outside by my car with 3 red roses! We had only been "together" for about a month so I wasn't too sure what to expect. Needless to say, I was impressed! Then, later on that day at work I got a delivery of 6 white roses to my office! Now I was REALLY impressed! That night Brad had made reservations for dinner and when he picked me up he had 3 more red roses completing the "dozen". Not only was I REALLY impressed, I was in LOVE! After a nice romantic dinner Brad picked up a Dairy Queen ice cream cake. (my all time favorite treat!) We headed back to my place to eat it. (when my mom insisted on taking this picture) Yup, definitely a keeper! Even though Brad and I are not people who buy presents for each other, we make this day special. Not to tell each other " I love you", we do that everyday. But to tell each other we "Love us" Happy Valentines Day!Monday, February 14, 2011
The best part of me was always you
10 years ago today was our first Valentines day together...
And I must say, Brad started it off with a bang! It all started around 7:45am on Feb 14/01. I was headed out to my car on a freezing morning to head to work and Brad was waiting outside by my car with 3 red roses! We had only been "together" for about a month so I wasn't too sure what to expect. Needless to say, I was impressed! Then, later on that day at work I got a delivery of 6 white roses to my office! Now I was REALLY impressed! That night Brad had made reservations for dinner and when he picked me up he had 3 more red roses completing the "dozen". Not only was I REALLY impressed, I was in LOVE! After a nice romantic dinner Brad picked up a Dairy Queen ice cream cake. (my all time favorite treat!) We headed back to my place to eat it. (when my mom insisted on taking this picture) Yup, definitely a keeper! Even though Brad and I are not people who buy presents for each other, we make this day special. Not to tell each other " I love you", we do that everyday. But to tell each other we "Love us" Happy Valentines Day!
And I must say, Brad started it off with a bang! It all started around 7:45am on Feb 14/01. I was headed out to my car on a freezing morning to head to work and Brad was waiting outside by my car with 3 red roses! We had only been "together" for about a month so I wasn't too sure what to expect. Needless to say, I was impressed! Then, later on that day at work I got a delivery of 6 white roses to my office! Now I was REALLY impressed! That night Brad had made reservations for dinner and when he picked me up he had 3 more red roses completing the "dozen". Not only was I REALLY impressed, I was in LOVE! After a nice romantic dinner Brad picked up a Dairy Queen ice cream cake. (my all time favorite treat!) We headed back to my place to eat it. (when my mom insisted on taking this picture) Yup, definitely a keeper! Even though Brad and I are not people who buy presents for each other, we make this day special. Not to tell each other " I love you", we do that everyday. But to tell each other we "Love us" Happy Valentines Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I never knew that story. How romantic! Happy V-Day
ReplyDeleteOkay, I love the old picture at least as much as the story!! But you don't look nearly out of style enough for that to be 10 years ago, so way to go there! Cute story.
ReplyDeleteMy first Valentine's with Tim was 12 years ago...yikes! I think he got me the new Jewel CD...what a romantic. :)