Monday, October 11, 2010

The best of both worlds!

One of the things we have had to adjust to since moving away is celebrating holidays by ourselves. Normally on a holiday such a Thanks Giving, we would go to 2 different turkey dinners. And I was not the one doing all the cooking. Things have since changed. But it has been a good thing. We have been able to start some traditions of our own. As well as bring some favorites from our families. For example:

FOOD!
FIGHTING out of the Scott side is the DRESSING! This is definitely a favorite of mine while growing up. We only had it on special occasions and it was something to look forward to. When I asked my mom for the recipe I discovered why we only ate it 2 times a year. Heart attack in a dish! But worth every fattening bite!


FIGHTING out of the Price corner is the NOODLES! The first time I went to a holiday dinner at the Price house hold I thought it was a little weird to eat noodles. Until I tasted them. SO yummy! So when we moved away I had to get the recipe. I must say, the pressure was on the make the perfect Grandma Hammer noodles for Brad. But I succeeded. Or so he says, maybe he is just trying to make me feel good. So between the Scott family dressing and the Price family noodles we have created the perfect Thanks Giving/Christmas dinner. And we have been able to celebrate the best of both worlds while being away from family! Happy Thanks Giving!

1 comment:

  1. As I sit here on my couch, stuffed from all that I have ingested the past 2 days, I'm know thinking "Noodles would have been good!" Looks like Thanksgiving on the island is a lot like Thanksgiving on the Prairies.

    ReplyDelete