Sunday, July 3, 2011

Canada Day

This July 1st is the 3rd Canada Day we have spent in the Valley. The first year I had only been here for a few days, we heard there was a parade and loaded up the kids to watch. After that parade we vowed to never do that again. It had to be the WORST parade I have ever been to! Basically a car parade. No floats, no horses and almost no candy. Our 2nd Canada Day Brad ended up taking the kids again, I stayed home with Huxley while he napped. This year we also ended up going. The kids wanted to go so I said I would take them, it took a little convincing on Brads part to come. As usual the parade was a total disappointment. And it was freezing and rained on us a bit. But the kids had fun. And I guess that is what it is all about in the end. Watching the parade with dear friends :)

Huxley was terrified of all the rescue vehicles.



Brecken wanted to know why he didn't have a Canada Day shirt. So the day before I had to run to Walmart and pick him up a red and white shirt. He looks pretty cute in it.

I remember seeing this dinosaur? the first year. It has to be the WORST costume ever. I guess it has been around for a while. From what I hear it smells like deep fried sweat :) Gross.

After the parade we headed to the park where there were free family activities.

We waited in line for about a half hour for the kids to jump on this for 5 mins. I guess it was worth it? After the park we headed home for Huxley to nap. Then we headed to the big ward potluck for supper. After a yummy supper Brad and some friends showed off their mad Karaoke skillz by singing "Do you really want to hurt me" by the Culture Club.

At the end of the day the kids suprised Brad with an ice cream birthday cake. (Brecken picked it out) Despite the freezing cold parade, it was a good day. Happy Birthday to my ridiculously good looking husband! And in my opinion any day that ends with a DQ cake is a good one :)

1 comment:

  1. cute cute! love your kids in red, and your parade actually looks deece compared to the village of warner float we saw in raymond(see my FB page). just curious about the cake...is it green latern related? i couldnt figure it out? regardless, glad you had a fun time, and when are you coming for a visit already?

    ReplyDelete